New chair

FURNITURE Readed 5798 Apr.11.2012
HAN

New chair

When I began working on the ‘New chair’ my guiding philosophy was based on the three concepts of recycling, reuse, and reduce. I am fascinated and inspired by the process of creating something new out of the old. The use of recycled materials in design is an area, which I feel, could be explored more effectively in design.

The idea behind my design was to design and make a chair with small pieces of recycled scrap wood and to use colourful plastic resin instead of glue, which would give the design infinitely more charm and personality as opposed to it merely being a bland nondescript object.

SAM_1460.JPG

SAM_1464.JPG

SAM_1467.JPG

Click to see process of making

List of Articles
  • I have produced a unique and innovative piece of furniture, which was inspired by the idea of combining a magazine rack and chair int...

• Conceptually, this design came about as a result of me being a young South Korean artist living and studying in Europe. Despite the...

• New chair When I began working on the ‘New chair’ my guiding philosophy was based on the three concepts of recycling, reuse, and reduce. I am fascinate...

• FUNiture [1]

Concept of furniture design for the future FUNiture This design is entitled ‘FUNiture’. The reason for this is due to the inter-active and tactile nat...

• The Smiling bookcase is a unique and innovative piece of furniture, designed with a strong representative identity. It is developed based on the concep...

• The idea was to make a stool with scrap wood, but didn't look like scrap wood was used. Simple and colourful. Easy & Simple Stool